Free Ocean Films for Students
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF) Free Student Education Program presents film screenings and Q&A sessions with filmmakers, marine scientists, and industry experts — all in special daytime programs for middle school and high school students.
At the 2018 Free Student Education Program, March 8 and 9, we'll be screening these festival films:
- 68 Voices
- How Do Pelicans Survive their Death-Defying Dives?
- Alice in Borneo's Wonderland
- Two Minutes on Oceans with Jim Toomey: Land Ocean Connection
- Mexican Fishing Bats
- Reefs at Risk
- Dedicate: Diving Free
- Nonoy and the Sea Monster
Plus selections from this year's Student Film Competition:
- Enjoy the Process
- Cruise Control
Waitlist Openings Only
The 2018 IOFF Free Education Program is full — you can register your group of 6th to 12th graders to be placed on the waitlist in case there are cancellations .
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Free Education Program
Through the Education Program, the IOFF aims to educate and inspire youth to:
- Take an active role in protecting our vital ocean ecosystems
- Participate in the arts and documentary filmmaking
- Learn more about ocean-related careers
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.
New Filmmaker in the Classroom Program
Can't get your students to the festival? We're excited to announce a brand new program that brings ocean filmmakers to your school! Learn more.
Presented in partnership with the California Coastal Commission's Protect Our Coast and Oceans Fund.
IOFF's vision for the Free Student Education Program is to:
- Extend our mission to many more students through road shows in the Bay Area and beyond
- Provide a "live experience" of our film screenings and Q&A sessions with filmmakers and scientists in real time
- Create a competition and awards program for best student films, serving to inspire budding documentary filmmakers
- Establish IOFF as a working forum for Bay Area film studies and environmental studies programs
- Provide students from diverse backgrounds and schools the opportunity to gather and learn — from each other and from experts from around the world
When you donate to the festival, your dollars help us reach students around the Bay and Northern California.